Updated April 12, 2021
Compeer Financial Serving Clients In Person and Online
Effective February 15, our offices are again open to the public during regular business hours. We’re also continuing to serve clients virtually and by appointment.
Here’s what you can expect if you visit a Compeer Office:
- Signs are posted at our entrances and within the buildings to explain our safety precautions.
- Compeer team members are wearing face coverings in accordance with CDC guidance.
- We’re requiring visitors to also wear a face covering, practice social distancing and refrain from personal contact.
- Our service counters will have a clear barrier in front of them as a further safety measure.
- We request you avoid touching surfaces to the extent possible.
- If you’re not feeling well, we ask you to delay your visit and reschedule your meeting, or if possible, conduct business using our online resources.
Although our offices are open, you can also connect with us using our online resources and our Contact Center to get business done.
- Compeer Contact Center: Our dedicated and experienced team is ready to assist you with personalized and reliable service. Call (844) 426-6733 to get help with your questions, accounts, transactions, billing, Online Banking, interest owed and much more.
- Payment Drop Boxes: Payment drop boxes are conveniently located at each office and checked each weekday. They are accessible 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Payments received will be applied to your account in a timely manner.
- Mail: Please allow two weeks for delivery. Payments can be mailed to our central lock box location at:
PO Box 740411
Cincinnati, OH 45274-0597
- Online Banking: We recently launched a new and improved Online Banking experience. You can view your accounts, check your transaction history, find your interest owed and move money. Learn more at compeer.com/onlinebanking
- Mobile Banking App: Download our brand new Mobile Banking app to deposit checks remotely, make payments on your loan, view your account balances and much more. You can find the Compeer Financial app in your mobile device’s app store.
- MyCompeer: View your account information and statements, calculate interest due, create an Online Balance sheet, and share files or documents with the team at Compeer Financial. Learn more.
If you need assistance logging in or using our digital tools, call Compeer at (844) 426-6733 and a member of our team will be happy to help you. We can also accommodate electronic payments, so please call us today for assistance (please note, ACH payments take one business day to become effective).
Client Resources During COVID-19
Compeer is committed to helping clients and communities impacted by COVID-19. Please see below for current programs available through our cooperative:
Paycheck Protection Program
As of December 27, 2020, the government has passed a new stimulus bill that authorizes additional funding for the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP). Compeer Financial is currently accepting PPP loan and forgiveness applications.
- More information on how to apply for a PPP loan.
- More information on how to apply for PPP loan forgiveness. Financial Assistance
We know COVID-19 has brought challenges to agriculture and rural communities, no matter where you are or what industry you’re in. Our goal has always been to be there for our clients, through good and challenging times. We remain committed to working with our clients as they navigate the impacts of COVID-19. Compeer is here for you and ready to help.
If you have been impacted financially by the pandemic, we have many options for you to explore. We know each individual situation is different, and you’ll likely have questions along the way. Please contact your financial officer directly or click here to fill out our client assistance form and one of our financial experts will be in touch with you. You can also contact us at (844) 426-6733.
Lifeworks Resource Program
We know life in rural America isn’t easy right now – the challenges we face can feel overwhelming and stressful. Compeer Financial is pleased to provide our clients and their families access to our Lifeworks Resource Program. This free program connects you with tools and resources to help navigate challenges related to work, family, life and health – whether it’s a quick question or a larger issue.
Economic Injury Disaster Loan Program (EIDL)
The SBA is now accepting applications from agricultural and small businesses for the Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL). Eligibility for EIDL was expanded as part of the federal CARES Act, which provides relief for American workers and small businesses impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Small businesses of less than 500 team members can apply for a loan of up to $2 million under the EIDL program.
Unlike applying for the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP), which required applicants to work with their lender, clients must apply for an EIDL directly through SBA. More information can be found on the SBA website.
Committed to Rural America
Compeer Financial has always been committed to serving rural America, and our commitment is stronger than ever as we face unique challenges due to the COVID-19 outbreak.
In partnership with Compeer’s Fund for Rural America, we’ve dedicated $830,000 to COVID-19 relief efforts. These funds are directly impacting organizations and community partners who are supporting COVID-19 relief efforts.
We will continue to monitor the situation and evaluate additional measures to support our clients based on the recommendations of government agencies and public health authorities.