Become a Board Member
As a Farm Credit Cooperative, Compeer Financial is governed by a board of directors who are member-owners, elected by fellow stockholders. There are 17 directors on the board, and elections occur annually for some of the positions. All directors are elected, except for three outside directors who are appointed to offer additional guidance and expertise.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Set business direction
- Monitor and evaluate the operations of our Cooperative
- Be aware of client needs and marketplace dynamics
- Maintain a positive public image for our Cooperative
Directors typically commit approximately 45 days a year, including:
- 11 regular board meetings (typically in Sun Prairie, Wis.)
- Two yearly planning meetings
- Four Board Committee meetings
- AgriBank and Farm Credit Council annual meetings
- One or two Client Advisory Council meetings
- Additional meetings, as needed
Any Compeer Financial voting stockholder with an outstanding loan balance who is not a team member or agent of the association may be eligible to stand for election to the board. Candidates are nominated by geographic regions.
Interested in Serving Our Cooperative on the Board?
Click here to submit your name for consideration for the board of directors. Or, call (844) 426-6733 or email [email protected]