Community Building Grant Program
The mission of the Community Building Grant Program is to support brick and mortar projects, which allow cross sections of community members to gather or provide opportunities for education and showcase agriculture.
These buildings give life to the heartbeat of each community and become a hub, supporting rural residents, farmers and their families.
All building projects must meet the following qualifications:
- Located in Compeer’s 144-county territory
- Located in a rural community or serves agriculture or farmers
- Fills a need in the community
- Eligible applicants include public entities, community-based non-profits, collaborative organizations, school-affiliated groups, units of government
- Funds must be used to construct a new facility or for major renovations
- Project must demonstrate substantial community support, including other financial commitments
- Not intended for private, commercial, business or for-profit undertakings
Grants are intended to range from $2,500 to $10,000 per project.
- Compeer Financial does not provide funding for building fundraising campaigns
- Requests may be partially funded
- Funds are not for debts already incurred
- Projects in early planning state may receive a pledge of commitment with dollars awarded at groundbreaking
Examples of eligible projects:
- Community support services like community centers or fairgrounds and related buildings/facilities
- Facilities for agriculture education
- Facilities servicing local food insecurity needs
Examples of ineligible projects:
- Health care facilities like hospitals, medical clinics, dental clinics, nursing homes or assisted living facilities
- Public facilities like town halls, courthouses or airport hangars
- Public safety services like fire or police stations, prisons or emergency services
- Sporting or recreational facilities
- Structures primarily used for religious services or outreach, excluding food pantries/shelves
Application Period: Applications will be accepted year-round, or until all funds are awarded for the calendar year. Click here to access the application.
Questions: Email [email protected] or call 952-997-1255.