General Use Grant
Compeer Financial Fund for Rural America’s General Use Grant Program underscores our commitment to champion the hopes and dreams of rural America. The purpose of the General Use Grant Program is to fund programs and organizations whose work aligns with our mission of “Enriching agriculture and rural America”.
We concentrate our giving in Compeer Financial's 144 county territory and on those programs that fit strategically with the intent of our clients and their communities in which they live. In order to be considered for funding, requests for support must align with our mission, as well as, one of the following focus areas:
Education – educating young, beginning or future farmers.
Environment – maintaining or improving the quality of the rural environment.
Technology – supporting the advancement and utilization of technology for the benefit of farmers and rural communities.
Quality of Life – programs or initiatives that enhance the quality of life for farmers and rural communities.
Compeer Financial supports the direct delivery of services. All awarded funds must be used for direct project or program costs. Funds will not be awarded for indirect costs. These grants are discretionary and restricted to a specific purpose:
- Project or program support
- Technical assistance
- General operating support
Funding: Up to $10,000 per year, per organization.
- Click here to see areas for which we will not provide funding.
- Requests that fit one of our other grant programs are not eligible to apply through this grant program.
- Grant requests may be partially funded.
- Previous funding does not guarantee continuing support to any organization.
- If an organization already received a grant in the calendar year, the new application must be for a different time frame, program or project.
- Some organizations meeting the criteria may not receive support in a given year.
- Compeer will not provide critiques of proposals submitted.
- Applicants will be notified within 4-6 weeks after the application deadline.
- Compeer reserves the right to approve or deny any request.
Compeer Financial may fund only a portion of the many worthwhile grant requests received each year. A decision to not fund a grant request does not imply that the applicant’s program is not needed or valued, but simply that it does not fall within our giving guidelines or priorities, or that funds are not available.
How to apply:
Who can apply? – Our giving programs are concentrated in our territory.
Those who meet our guidelines and criteria are encouraged to apply online.
Application Period: May 1 – May 31 and November 1 – December 4. The application link will be available on this page beginning May 1 and November 1.
To see a list of previous General Use Grant recipients, click on the links below:
Questions? Contact Melanie Olson. Email [email protected] or call 952-997-1255.