Blue Ribbon Project Awards
Nora Nolden, Communications Consultant
[email protected] or (651) 245-6804
Compeer Financial Awards Blue Ribbons for Youth Fair Projects
Blue Ribbon Project Contest recognizes youth who missed fairs this year
Sun Prairie, Wis. (August 26, 2020) – Youth across rural America faced disappointment this year when their fairs were cancelled or went virtual due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Knowing the importance of county and state fairs to young people in their territory, Compeer Financial stepped in to recognize the hard work youth put into their fair projects. In June, Compeer unveiled the Blue Ribbon Project, a contest for youth to submit their fair projects for a chance to win prizes.
“Compeer remains a strong supporter of youth agriculture programs across our territory,” said John Monson, chief mission and marketing officer at Compeer Financial. “With many summer events being canceled, including county and state fairs, our team wanted to still be able to recognize and support the hard work of 4-H and FFA members with the Blue Ribbon Project Contest.”
Young people across Compeer’s 144-county territory in Illinois, Minnesota and Wisconsin were encouraged to submit photos and descriptions of their projects and to explain what their project meant to them.
“Many of our team members participated in fairs growing up, or have kids showing at fairs now. We know how important something like this can be to our local youth,” said Monson.
With 542 total submissions, 54 entrants were awarded as winners or grand champions, receiving $100 for themselves, and $100 for a non-profit organization of their choice. Grand champions received $500 for themselves and $500 for their non-profit organization. Winners were determined based on age and geographic location.
Congratulations to the following winners of the Blue Ribbon Project Contest.
- Carl Rozanas, GRAND CHAMPION – Rockford, Ill.
- Paige Schramer, GRAND CHAMPION – Maple Park, Ill.
- Emily Boelens – Cambridge, Ill.
- Ryan Carlson – Henry, Ill.
- Olivia Charles – Carroll, Ill.
- Jordan Craven – Sterling, Ill.
- Grace Emmerich – Morris, Ill.
- Jersey Hese – Ursa, Ill.
- Grace Jacobs – Geneseo, Ill.
- Ashlyn Kratochvil – Fairbury, Ill.
- Lydia Oker – Sandwich, Ill.
- Kelsi Parks – Colchester, Ill.
- Lydia Penn – Bloomington, Ill.
- Weston Solomonson – Gridley, Ill.
- Sidney Stiers – Williamsfield, Ill.
- Briley Swarringim – Rushville, Ill.
- Alyna Thorndyke – Bloomington, Ill.
- Kayli Thorndyke – Bloomington, Ill.
- Grace Trone – Stockton, Ill.
- Ella Heers, GRAND CHAMPION – Austin, Minn.
- Lydia Warmkagathje, GRAND CHAMPION – St. Charles, Minn.
- Blake Anderson – Medford, Minn.
- Gianna Caughey – Fort Ripley, Minn.
- Emily Dahlback – Apple Valley, Minn.
- Audric Gotz – Winona, Minn.
- Hazel Luhmann – Lake City, Minn.
- Samuel Marquette – Waverly, Minn.
- Morgan Molitor – Sauk Rapids, Minn.
- Renee Reith – Avoca, Minn.
- Tyler Reith – Avoca, Minn.
- Norah Sahr – Albert Lea, Minn.
- Adhyn Schell – Lewiston, Minn.
- Mariella Sill – Madelia, Minn.
- Rachel Visser – Hutchinson, Minn.
- Meta Tewes – Jackson, Minn.
- Barbara Dittrich, GRAND CHAMPION – Alma, Wis.
- Parker Green, GRAND CHAMPION – Elroy, Wis.
- Grant Bailie – Lancaster, Wis.
- Lillian Bork – Fountain City, Wis.
- Sydney Boyer – Spring Valley, Wis.
- Macie Demulling – New Richmond, Wis.
- Brianna Gartman – Sheboygan, Wis.
- Kelsey Kreul – Plain, Wis.
- Lydia Kruase – Genoa, Wis.
- Allison Lund – Cambridge, Wis.
- Colton Lund – Janesville, Wis.
- Natalie Roe – Monticello, WIs.
- Trent Schlender – Watertown, Wis.
- Breen Stalsberg – Fennimore, Wis.
- Brock Stello – Mindoro, Wis.
- Oliver Stowell – Fox Lake, Wis.
- Lauren Thompson – Woodville, Wis.
- Ethan Winkle – Twin Lakes, Wis.
- Clara Zastrow – Brownsville, Wis.
About Compeer Financial
Compeer Financial is a member-owned Farm Credit cooperative serving and supporting agriculture and rural communities. The $23.4 billion organization provides loans, leases, risk management and other financial services throughout 144 counties in Illinois, Minnesota and Wisconsin. Based in the Upper Midwest, Compeer Financial exists to champion the hopes and dreams of rural America, while providing personalized service and expertise to clients and the agriculture industry.
Compeer Financial is the third largest cooperative of the Farm Credit System, a nationwide network of lending institutions supporting agriculture and rural communities with reliable, consistent credit and financial services. Learn more about Compeer Financial.