Tackling Top Global Challenges
Nora Nolden, Communications Consultant
[email protected] or (651) 245-6804
Compeer Financial Joins Forces with Other Minn. Food and Agriculture Leaders to Launch MBOLD™
New Coalition is Focused on Tackling Top Global Challenges
Sun Prairie, Wis. (October 16, 2020) – Today Jase Wagner, Compeer Financial chief financial officer, along with other Minnesota-based executives from some of the world's largest food and agriculture companies and key research institutions, celebrated the launch of MBOLD™, a coalition that brings together Minnesota's unique array of global leaders to address major challenges facing the food and agriculture sectors. MBOLD launched as part of Minnesota's celebration of World Food Day.
The world is facing unprecedented and urgent challenges, and we are joining with other food and agriculture leaders to be part of the solution. Climate change, increasing global demand for food and highly volatile situations like the COVID-19 pandemic have created the need to collaborate in order drive faster innovation to some of our most pressing challenges.
MBOLD priority areas include:
- Soil Health and Water Stewardship – As climate change continues to strain the natural resources that nourish our world, MBOLD is working to develop more regenerative and resilient agriculture systems that build soil health, protect water resources and diversify farm incomes.
- Circular Economies for Packaging – Massive amounts of flexible film packaging are used every year within and beyond our food system, but in the U.S., less than 4 percent of that packaging is recycled. MBOLD is committed to changing that by fueling development of a circular economy for flexible films.
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship – MBOLD is bringing together the disruptive thinking of entrepreneurs and innovators from around the world with the acumen and reach of large global companies to drive solutions to today’s major challenges.
- Food Insecurity in the Face of COVID-19 – COVID-19 is causing unprecedented economic hardships and accelerating food insecurity in the U.S. and around the world. MBOLD is exploring ways for the private and public sectors to find solutions together.
- Talent – Given the global reach of its businesses and institutions, Minnesota is one of the best places in the world to build a career in food and agriculture. MBOLD is mobilizing a world-class workforce with the talent and commitment to accelerate progress to the biggest challenges in food and agriculture.
The food and agriculture sector is central to Minnesota’s history and a pillar of the current economy. Efforts through MBOLD guarantee Minnesota will be the source of solutions the world needs, and it will sharpen the region’s competitive edge.
For more information, visit mbold.org.
Powered by the GREATER MSP Partnership, MBOLD includes CEOs and other c-suite leaders from Cargill, Compeer Financial, Ecolab, General Mills, Hormel Foods, Land O’ Lakes, Schwan’s Company, Target, and the University of Minnesota, as well as Agricultural Utilization Research Institute, the Minnesota AgriGrowth Council, Grow North and McKinsey & Co.
About Compeer Financial
Compeer Financial is a member-owned Farm Credit cooperative serving and supporting agriculture and rural communities. The $23.4 billion organization provides loans, leases, risk management and other financial services throughout 144 counties in Illinois, Minnesota and Wisconsin. Based in the Upper Midwest, Compeer Financial exists to champion the hopes and dreams of rural America, while providing personalized service and expertise to clients and the agriculture industry.
Compeer Financial is the third largest cooperative of the Farm Credit System, a nationwide network of lending institutions supporting agriculture and rural communities with reliable, consistent credit and financial services. Learn more about Compeer Financial.
# # #