Emergency Response Equipment- Regional Collaboration Grant
The mission of Compeer Financial’s Emergency Response Equipment – Regional Collaboration Grant Program is to bring specialized equipment to local departments working together to benefit rural communities.
Teamwork is critical when volunteer fire, rescue and ambulance departments need to respond to emergencies; this grant encourages that same collaborative spirit to help secure specialized equipment.
Examples of specialized equipment may include:
- Chest compression system
- Fit testing machine
- Hydraulic extrication rescue tool
- Oxygen tank refill equipment
Application Period: August 1 to August 31. The application will be available on this page beginning August 1.
Collaboration – Grants are offered for two or more collaborating departments serving adjacent jurisdictions.
- Only one department should serve as the fiscal agent to receive the grant funds, if awarded, on behalf of all collaborating departments.
Location - Rural volunteer fire, rescue or ambulance departments located in or providing direct services to our 144-county territory.
- Paid law enforcement agencies are not eligible for this grant.
Funding - Funding is available, up to $10,000, for a piece of specialized emergency response equipment.
- Cost must be detailed in the request, and, if cost exceeds the grant amount, applicant must indicate how the remainder will be funded.
- Funds are not for deficits already incurred.
- If awarded, all funds must be used by the end of the current calendar year.
- Requests for vehicles and buildings, and training and certification (unrelated to this equipment grant) are not eligible.
- Not all grant applications will be approved for funding.
Eligibility – 2022 is the first year for this program. All departments serving Compeer’s territory are eligible to apply.
- Individual departments who previously received our Emergency Response Equipment Grant are eligible to apply as a collaborating department.
All applicants will be notified of their status 4-6 weeks after the August 31 deadline.
Questions? Email [email protected] or call 844-426-6733.