Farmers Market Grant Program- Organization
Fresh and healthy food is a vital part of our local and regional food systems. Farmers markets are providing farmers the opportunity to sell locally grown and produced foods direct to consumers.
The Compeer Financial Farmers Market Grant Program has two different grant programs: one designed to help organizations and another for farmers directly.
Grants are for organizations that desire to enhance services to consumers and vendors, benefiting all those who utilize the market.
Grants should be geared toward marketing efforts, technology advancements, vendor or market staff educational opportunities, or conducting research studies. Vendor educational opportunities for direct training and technical assistance to vendors include marketing strategy, financial management, record keeping or customer service skills. Grant funds are also available for safety upgrades to the market.
Applications are accepted from October 1 to November 15. The application will be available on this page beginning October 1. All applicants will be notified of their status 4-6 weeks after the application deadline.
Funding is available to farmers markets that meet the following qualifications:
- Applicants must be a bonafide Farmers Market*. Preference will be given to markets that have not received this grant previously.
- At least three vendors of locally-produced agricultural products
- Free and open to the public, with posted hours of operation
- *U-pick operations, single road-side stands and CSAs are not eligible.
- Must be located in our 144-county territory.
- Grants are for up to $1,000
- Requests may be partially funded.
- Funds are not for deficits already incurred.
How to Apply
- Fields with an ‘i’ icon have more information available. Hold your curser over the ‘i’ and more detail will display.
- Provide as much detail as possible in your application/grant request.
- Be sure to answer each question properly and accurately.
- You will be able to print your application before you submit it. Your application will not be submitted until you click “Submit”. After you click Submit, you will see a screen confirming that your application has been submitted. You will not receive an email confirmation.
- Click here to access the online application. *Works best in Chrome browser.
Are you a vendor looking for a grant? Click here
Contact [email protected] or call (844) 426-6733.