Farmers Market Grant Program- Organization
Fresh and healthy food is a vital part of our local and regional food systems. Farmers markets are providing farmers the opportunity to sell locally grown and produced foods direct to consumers.
The Compeer Financial Farmers Market Grant Program has two different grant programs: one designed to help organizations and another for farmers directly.
Grants are for organizations that desire to enhance services to consumers and vendors, benefiting all those who utilize the market.
Grants should be geared toward marketing efforts, technology advancements, vendor or market staff educational opportunities, or conducting research studies. Vendor educational opportunities for direct training and technical assistance to vendors include marketing strategy, financial management, record keeping or customer service skills. Grant funds are also available for safety upgrades to the market.
Applications are accepted from February 1 to February 28. The application will be available on this page beginning February 1. All applicants will be notified of their status 4-6 weeks after the application deadline.
Funding is available to farmers markets that meet the following qualifications:
- Applicants must be a bonafide Farmers Market*. Preference will be given to markets that have not received this grant previously.
- At least three vendors of locally-produced agricultural products
- Free and open to the public, with posted hours of operation
- *U-pick operations, single road-side stands and CSAs are not eligible.
- Must be located in our 144-county territory.
- Grants are for up to $1,000
- Requests may be partially funded.
- Funds are not for deficits already incurred.
Are you a vendor looking for a grant? Click here
Contact [email protected] or call (844) 426-6733.