Farmers Market Grant Program- Vendor
Fresh and healthy food is a vital part of our local and regional food systems. Farmers markets offer farmers the unique opportunity to work directly with consumers and diversify their business.
The Compeer Financial Farmers Market Grant Program has two different grant programs: one designed to help organizations and another for farmers directly.
Grants for farmers market vendors are designed to help farmers with education, marketing or technology advancements. This can include developing branding, website creation, or mobile payment technology products (excluding cell/smart phones) or fees. Grants funds are not intended for farm/operation input or operating costs. Other examples of eligible uses of grant funds include: scales, tents, tables, display racks, coolers, labeling equipment, and signage.
Applications are accepted from October 1 to November 15. The application will be available on this page beginning October 1. All applicants will be notified of their status 4-6 weeks after the application deadline.
Funding is available to farmers market vendors that meet the following qualifications:
- Must be a client of Compeer Financial. Preference will be given to clients who have not received this grant previously.
- Actively using a booth or site at a bonafide Farmers Market*
- At least three vendors of locally-produced agricultural products
- Free and open to the public, with posted hours of operations
- U-pick operations, single road-side stands and CSAs are not eligible
- Grants are for up to $500
- Requests may be partially funded.
- Funds are not for deficits already incurred.
Are you with an organization looking for a grant? Click here
Contact [email protected] or call (844) 426-6733.